AHR is an architecture and building consultancy practice with eight core services and nine key sectors. Our Shrewsbury office works across these sectors and a wide range of project sizes, scales and building types.
An opportunity has arisen for an Architectural Assistant Pt II to be based in our Shrewsbury office.
As an Architectural Assistant - Part II, you will join a team designing and delivering projects for our Shrewsbury office. Supporting our working relationships with colleagues, clients, consultants, contractors, third parties and suppliers, you should be able to demonstrate good design and communication skills. You will have gained some experience within an architectural practice, preferably in the UK.
This roles requires you to:
• have knowledge of the factors involved in developing an architectural project in a commercial environment
• be proficient in the use of Revit
• have experience in the use of 2D, 3D Autodesk and 3D rendering packages along with MS Office
• be a strong communicator who can work collaboratively and effectively within a team
• work on tender bids, submissions, planning applications and presentations
• work on the preparation of detailed design drawings, working drawings and schedules and specifications
• have a positive attitude to teamwork
• be innovative in developing design solutions
• be self- motivated and able to plan and manage your own time
• have a very good technical level of spoken and written English (minimum level C1).
• 23 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, increasing to 27 days upon reaching 5 years’ continuous service
• Life Assurance Scheme
• Health Cash Plan
• Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
• Long Service Awards
• Refer a friend scheme
AHR actively encourages our employees through the Part III process and will assign you an Architect Mentor, give you access to internal study groups, pay your course fees and study leave for the duration of your course.
Due to the current COVID-19 situation, interviews may be conducted remotely via video conferencing and depending on start date and government guidelines the role would begin working from home. The first few days of employment are likely to be in the office for the start of the Induction process.
If this role sounds like it is for you, please apply through our careers site. You will be asked to upload your CV (with a consolidated covering letter) stating why you feel you will be a good candidate for this role.
*We will also require a copy of your portfolio. This can either be uploaded as part of your CV, or in a later section of the online application process if your portfolio is saved in a different document format.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on your background or needs, if you require any adjustments to make the recruitment process easier, please let us know.
**** Please check your Junk Mail/Spam for application acknowledgements and any updates on your application, including invites to interview, as some email accounts automatically divert there****