We are a multi-award winning architectural and building consultancy practice, working across the UK and internationally.
Through our multi-service, multi-sector and multi-geographical nature, we are able to provide value that goes beyond what is typically delivered in the industry, supplying a service that draws from our comprehensive and inclusive knowledge and experience base running throughout our practice.
Due to Covid-19 restrictions this role will initially largely be home based, although there may be an occasional requirement to attend our office. The first few days of employment are likely to be in the office for the start of the Induction process.
Our IT Department is responsible for the hardware, software and network architecture for everyone in the business. The team is formed of an IT Director, the Service Desk Manager, Senior Infrastructure Engineer and the Support Engineers.
The team is based in the Huddersfield office but regularly visits our offices all over the country to provide support as and when needed. Every site also has a nominated IT Co-ordinator who acts as local support along with being the eyes and hands for the IT Department as required.
We are here to enable all of our colleagues to work to their full potential with minimal disruption so we’re constantly working to improve the service on offer. We are here to offer our support from 08:30 - 18:00, Monday to Friday with out-of-hours support available for major issues and outages.
We are regularly pushing the boundaries and are at the cutting-edge of technology to allow our colleagues to work more efficiently. We have recently implemented a virtual desktop environment for all project staff, enabling them to work collaboratively on the same project from anywhere - using any device; whilst also maintaining the security and integrity of our data and IT infrastructure.
We always have projects on, from refreshing equipment to creating builds or working with different departments to improve their ways of working. Daily tasks vary so you will always be kept on your toes!
To apply for this role, you should have a minimum of 12 months’ experience in a 1st line support IT service desk role.
The key responsibilities for the IT Service Desk Technician are:
• Taking telephone, direct and email queries relating to the AHR IT systems
• Creating and issuing work order reference numbers via our ITSM system, immediately as queries are raised
• Performing first and second line support and then escalating work orders to senior technical staff as required
• Monitoring work orders and ensuring that they are completed within the SLA
• Following up on completed work orders for senior staff to ensure that they are satisfied with the solution
• Gaining an understanding of the local and national IT systems to give better escalations of support queries
• Following all administrative procedures as instructed by Central IT
Advanced understanding of:
• Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise
• Microsoft Office 365
• PC/laptop hardware
• Printer hardware
Basic understanding of:
• Windows Server 2008 - 2019
• Microsoft Exchange 2007-2013
• Adobe Products
• File and directory permissions
• Active Directory
• TCP/IP networking
• Network Printing
• Autodesk Products (AutoCAD, Revit)
• Document Management Systems
• Able to manage and appraise your own working practices
• Presents AHR and the services we offer in a professional and appropriate manner
• Flexible approach to ensure deadlines are consistently met
• Willing and able to assist team members during periods of absence
• Must be willing to work overtime and weekends if a project requires it (call out allowance is payable in addition to your basic salary)
The hours rotate on a pattern of one week on, one week off between: 8:30am – 5:00pm and 9:30am – 6:00pm Monday to Friday.
If this role sounds like it is for you, please apply through our careers site. You will be asked to upload your CV (with a consolidated covering letter) stating why you feel you will be a good candidate for this role.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on your background or needs, if you require any adjustments to make the recruitment process easier, please let us know.
**** Please check your Junk Mail/Spam for application acknowledgements and any updates on your application, including invites to interview, as some email accounts automatically divert there****